Approved under the EU programme entitled “Preparatory actions for preserving and restoring cultural heritage in conflict areas in the Western Balkans for the year 2010”.
Financed by: EU – represented by the European Commission, Office in Brussels
In the period: 01.11.2011 – 30.11.2013
Partner and co-funder in the project implementation was the Municipality of Maglaj.
Basic information of the project
Improve quality of life of the local inhabitants by using tourism based on the resources of the cultural heritage.
- Rehabilitate protected cultural heritage monument Delibegov Han located in Maglaj and give it a new, sustainable use.
- Develop skills of final beneficiaries and upgrade and increase services available to the tourists through proper, tailor made education of final beneficiaries and local NGOs.
- Promote tourism capacities of the Maglaj municipality.
Work package 0:
- Project administration, reporting, monitoring
Work package 1: Restore Delibegov Han
- Obtain reconstruction permits
- Prepare documentation
- Announce a public call for potential performers of the reconstruction works
- Perform reconstruction works
Work package 2: Organise training for Bed & Breakfast service
- Define criteria for selection of final beneficiaries (participants of trainings, potential B&B service providers)
- Selection of 20 final beneficiaries
- Engage experts and conduct trainings related to the B&B service, business and marketing
Work package 3: Increase tourist offer of Maglaj
- Define criteria and publish a call for proposals for non-governmental organisations of Maglaj
- Estalish fund Past for the Future
- Distribute funds (sub-grants)
- Prepare promotional material (leaflets, brochures)
- Ensure visibility of the project through media (Internet, TV i radio)
- The cultural historical monument Delibegov Han is rehabilitated and functional.
- At least 20 final beneficiaries offer B&B (bed & breakfast) services; at least 40 beds available for tourists. Six non-governmental organisations implemented their smaller projects financed by the fund “Past for the Future”.
- Tourist offer of Maglaj city increased and improved.
Printed as one of the final activities of the project, a quadrilingue brochure titled Tourist offer of the Maglaj municipality was distributed at the Final conference of the project. The content of the brochure is available after click on the following picture.
Promotional leaflet of the project is available here.