Revitalisation and Utilisation of Royal Town of Bobovac and Kraljeva Sutjeska as a Tourist Destination meant creation of fundamentals for development and improve tourist offer in Central BiH, particularly in municipalities Vareš and Kakanj.
- Financed by: Federal Ministry of Tourism, Federal Ministry of Culture and Sports, Municipality Kakanj and Vareš, Regional Development Agency for Central BiH Region (REZ Agency) i Regional Development Agency for Region Sarajevo (SERDA)
- In the period: 01.12.2006 – 31.12.2008
Protection of cultural and historical heritage of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Support to local communities in Kakanj and Vareš in development of their potentials through the scientific and document supported phased approach in resolving of future status and development of cultural monuments at locations of Bobovac and Kraljeva Sutjeska.
- Create fundamentals for development and improve tourist offer in Central BiH, particularly in municipalities Vareš and Kakanj.
- Introducing of cultural and historic monuments as tourist offer and increasing the number of employed in the region.
- Working group established of 18 members, including both governmental and non-governmental institutions.
- Prepared the “Master plan on tourism development, conservation and protection of nature and cultural-historical heritage of the sites located in Vareš and Kakanj municipalities, with specific focus on Royal town of Bobovac and Kraljeva Sutjeska, as a tourist destination”.
- The Master plan preparation completed during 2008.
- Tourism potentials of destinations in Vareš and Kakanj reviewed.
- Tourism development strategy for the area defined.
- Master plan presented to the Working group in December 2008.
- Tourist destinations promoted and enabled preconditions for fundraising activities.