Self-employment of women and youth in rural areas of Central BiH through development of greenhouse production.
- Financed by: EC Delegation to BiH
- In the period: November 2004 – February 2006
Contribution to the self-employment of women and youth in rural areas of Central BiH through development of greenhouse production.
- Establishment of greenhouse production of vegetables.
- Introduction of marketing techniques related to such production in the municipalities of Žepce, Zavidovići, Maglaj and Doboj Jug.
- Strengthening the capacity building of partners / agricultural associations.
- Seminars in greenhouse vegetable production (total 32 seminars for 8 user group of 4 municipalities).
- Seminars in basic business and marketing for agricultural producers (total of 24 seminars for 8 user group of 4 municipalities).
- Conducted and distributed four manuals for the greenhouse production of vegetables.
- Conducted soil analysis of land for 50 beneficiaries.
- Distributed and assembled 50 greenhouses of 100 m2 with “drop by drop” irrigation system.
- Acquired and distributed seedlings for 3 cycles of production and protection equipment for 50 beneficiaries.
- Provided professional supervision of agronomists for the project duration (“in-house” training).
- Organized two round tables on greenhouse production and 4 seminars for partner associations in order to strengthen their capacities.
- The grants provided to partner associations to purchase equipment and cover operating costs during the project.
- The total of 102 agricultural producers attended trainings in greenhouse production, the basics of business and marketing.
- Created 50 jobs (women and youth) in the system of self-employment.
- Produced was 40,125 kg of tomatoes and peppers, 14.800 kg of lettuce, 21,875 kg of spinach and 11,250 kg of onion.
- 50 users generated total revenue of 91.000 KM in the course of the project.
- Provided financial support and training for 4 associations of agricultural producers of greenhouse production.
- Promoted self-employment in agriculture.
- Imported products are replaced with domestic products