MENI – Market-based Enterprise Networking Initiative is the project within of the IDEA Business Development Department within REZ Agency was established for the advanced support to the market development of small and medium enterprises and industrial clusters in the Central BiH Region.
- Financed by: Royal Netherlands Embassy in Sarajevo (through CHF International)
- In the period: 11/2004 – 02/2006
Provide advanced support in market development of SMEs.
- Creation the IDEA Business Unit within the REZ Agency to support market development of SMEs and industrial clusters of the Central BiH Region through establishment of strong network of business support.
- Establishment business linkages for entrepreneurs at the local, regional and international level.
- Organisation of education (workshops or trainings) for SMEs in Central BiH region.
Results of the action
- Improved availability of services related to business consultancy service since business advisors engaged in Zenica, Maglaj, Bugojno and Travnik to operate within their sub-areas of responsibility.
- The scope of the business support service improved for the development of business relations at the local, regional and international level, including organisation of workshops/trainings and commercial mediation between Bosnia and Herzegovina’s and foreign companies. As the result:
- Total amount of accomplished loans: KM 664,000.00 (EUR 339,497.80)
- Total investment amount: KM 1,591,000.00 (EUR 813,465.38)
- Total value of concluded SME bilateral contracts: KM 449,710.00 (EUR 229,933.07)
- Total value of PUM Experts of Netherlands arrangements: KM 110,000.00 (EUR 56,242.10)
- In cooperation with BA “UPUT” Travnik, a Trade Mission organised from 23rd to 26th November 2004 in Travnik as the mini fair, with participation of 25 domestic and 11 Dutch companies. Total of 10 contracts concluded at the fair and afterwards (export of wood products, mattresses, plastic and metal products, etc.).