Overall objective of TRIK project is creating a more favorable business environment for the labor market in Travnik by establishing institutional and infrastructural prerequisites for increasing self-employment and youth employment.
- Financed by: EU through the programme of ILO – International Labour Organisation
- In the period: 15.06.2017 – 14.02.2019
REZ Agency (Regional Development Agency for Central BiH Region)
- Employment Service of Central Bosnia Canton
- Municipality of Travnik
- University “Vitez” in Travnik
- NGO Center for Youth Education CEM Travnik
- GS-tmt Ltd. Travnik
- Nobil Ltd. Nova Bila
Create a more favorable business environment for the labor market in the Travnik municipality through establishment of institutional and infrastructural prerequisites for increasing self-employment and employment of young people.
- Establish institutional support for youth employment in the Travnik municipality through strengthening the role of local employment partnership.
- To support the self-employment of young people and people with special needs in the area of Travnik through the start up program.
- Improve the business infrastructure to start-up a business through the establishment of the center for business support to young people (business incubator / accelerator for start-up projects).
SO1 – Local Employment Partnership (LEP) established at Travnik municipality level
- Local Employment Partnership is a mechanism that defines and implements the employment and labor market policies at the local level.
- A final draft of the Action Plan 2017-2020 was drawn up by the TRIK project partnership. Considering that the Municipality of Travnik does not have a human resources development strategy – in the following period the LEP will be developed according with the activities outlined in the Action Plan.
- A training plan for the members of the LEP in the domain of human resources/fund management and employment policies through three three-day modules, and realized study trip to the Osijek-Baranja County from 3 May to 5 May 2018.
- During the study tour, realized visits to the Croatian Employment Service – the Osijek office, the Regional Development Agency of Slavonija and Baranja, Technology Development Center Osijek, BIOS Entrepreneurial Incubator and the Mini Maker Faire.
- A great professional experience was realized throughout the study trip, which iwill be used it in further work, established were new contacts and gained knowledge about the problems of others, also about the ways of solving them
SO2 – Established business incubator “BeeZone”
- Business incubator and co-working space “BeeZone” within the CEM’s Social center for children and youth “Second House” equipped and became a functional.
- “BeeZone” is a one-stop service for generating self-employment among young people in Travnik.
- The incubator is equipped with furniture and computer equipment purchased through the project.
- The inauguration ceremony of the BeeZone Incubator was held on 4 April 2018.
- Two Public Calls for Support of Business Ideas were published through the business incubator and 41 applications were received. All candidates had to undergo two quarter-cycle business education and develop ideas with the support of professional lecturers.
- Over 150 unemployed young people participated in business education and motivational workshops.
SO3 – A self-employment fund established
- The Fund represents an active measure of employment and entrepreneurship education programs.
- Increased by the budget re-balance, the Fund’s total value is 60,000 EUR.
- After the establishment of the Fund, presentations of business ideas applied through the “Public Calls for Support of Business Ideas” were presented and start-up packages and financial support for the best 12 ideas given.
- 12 new enterprises (5 in the first and 7 in the second cycle) were established with 14 employees employed at the time.
- Provided mentoring, promotional / video material and education for all 12 newly established enterprises.