STARTER – Educational courses to enhance possibilities for self employment aims to improve young people’s ability to face the current demands of the business environment.
Financed by: Royal Norwegian Embassy
In the period: 01.03.2011 – 30.06.2011
Improve human capacities of young people, with an emphasis on women, through demand driven education with focus on improvement of current business environment and accelerating economic development of Central BH region.
- Support to the establishment of new enterprises.
- Decrease number of unemployed people and promote entrepreneurship.
STARTER – Proposed activities
- Establish a system to support new enterprises in start-up stage at municipal level (start-up fund)
- Sign the agreements between the partners in the implementation of the project and define the members of the joint commission
- Publish a public call for interested participants, open a competition for best business plans and make selection of candidates
- Prepare trainings: select and prepare the venues, prepare printed material; prepare schedules and lists of participants
- Deliver trainings in three stages: (1) Introduction – 1 week per cycle, (2) Independent work of participants – 3 weeks (3) Presentation of business plans – 1 week (duration refers to one group of participants)
- Select the best business plans which will be supported financially
- Organise award ceremony for the best business plans / future young entrepreneurs
STARTER – Achieved results
- Model of Start Up Support established in 5 municipalities
- Total of 75 participants in educational activities
- Total of 35 business plans developed
- Total of 15 business plans for new enterprises supported
- Total of 35,000 EUR disbursed for Start up support