Providing conditions for a more comprehensive approach to export and investment opportunities in the Central BiH region.
- Financed by: Government of Netherlands
- In the period: December 2006 – May 2008
To ensure more comprehensive export and investment possibilities in the Central BiH Region, with the main goal of changing import-export ratio towards more favourable values.
- Change import-export ratio towards more favourable values.
- Increase SMEs competitiveness in Central BiH Region with focus on export competitiveness of sectors of wood, metal and agro/food industry.
Rather than offering ready-made solutions to problems, mostly related to the specific characteristics of the region, REZ Agency has had a direct impact on improving business operations and assist SMEs to engage their insufficiently or inadequately exploited potentials.
Consequently, the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises in the region of Central Bosnia was increased, the number of direct foreign and domestic investments in the region of Central BiH was increased and SMEs from the region have increased sales and exports.
Presented numerically, the project REXIS results are the following:
- 1,839 SMEs received technical sssistance.
- 525 SMEs demonstrated improved management, business development or production capacity.
- 6 SMEs recorded foreign direct investment (FDI).
- Total of €2,386,365 FDI in the region.
- 41 PUM consultant service provided.
- 47 trainings held with 1,037 participants attending.
- 100 loan applications approved for clients with €2,804,721.66 secured.
- 10 market surveys conducted.
- 2 trade missions organised.
- 125 domestic or international supply chain linkages established and €6,349,719.70 new business revenue generated.
- 22 Local Export Consultants trained and certified by the Dutch Government Agency CBI – Centre for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries.