Women’s economic independence through self-employment in agriculture.
- Financed by: SNV BiH (Localising gender in FBiH)
- In the period: January 2013 – August 2013
Promotion of women’s economic independence through self-employment in agriculture.
- Education in the greenhouse production and implementation of new production techniques in agriculture.
- Job creation for unemployed women in rural areas, the development of entrepreneurial spirit, generating additional income for the families of the beneficiaries and strengthen the confidence of women in rural areas.
- Replacing imported vegetables by domestic.
- Three-day seminar in greenhouse vegetable production of tomato, pepper, lettuce, spinach and onion
- To perform the soil analysis for each greenhouse location
- To install greenhouses on the property of beneficiaries (each greenhouse of 100 m2 equipped with irrigation system)
- To provide seedlings and protective equipment for one production cycle
- Control of production process by agronomist engaged under the project
- Total of 15 greenhouses installed on the property of beneficiaries.
- Total surface of 1.500 m2 used for greenhouse vegetable production.
- Total of 15 jobs created for unemployed women in rural areas of the municipality of Novi Travnik.
- Imported vegetables partly replaced by domestic.
- Provided education in new production techniques in agriculture.
- Generated additional income for 15 families.
- The confidence and entrepreneurial spirit of women in rural areas strengthened.