Cisco Networking Academy (CISCO) is a global educational program that enables students to acquire fundamental ICT skills in the design, construction and management of computer networks, as well as acquiring other skills necessary for career development, such as problem solving, teamwork and critical approach.
For many years, ICT experts have been one of the most reqired profiles in the labor markets. A common belief is that network technology experts are close to the top in the list of professions that are fastest growing demand, faster than the average growth of all other professions, and it will continue to grow with the rise in investment in new, faster technologies and mobile networks.
Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Programme helps students to prepare their ICT careers, since it coincides with the world-wide recognized Cisco CCENT and CCNA certifications, which further validate skills to potential employers.
Duration and financing
- Continuously (since 2007)
- Financed by: Government of Ze-Do Canton and REZ Agency
Overall objective of CISCO Networking Academy
Improving knowledge within the IT community.
- Balanced development in the field of computer networking technologies in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Establishment of the CISCO Academy of Network Technologies in Zenica.
- REZ Agency, in cooperation with the Zenica-Doboj Canton and the University of Zenica, established the CISCO Academy of Network Technologies in Zenica.
The first generation of 64 candidates started the studies in September 2007.
- 49 candidates from the first generation successfully completed their education, and they received diplomas and Cisco CCNA Certificates in May 2009.
- Enabled the acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary for design, construction and maintenance of small and medium sized computer networks.