Co-financing support to the operations of REZ Agency 2007-2009 means strengthen the capacities of REZ Agency, as the key institution for regional economic development by The Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Financed by: The Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- In the period: 01.01.2007 – 31.05.2009
Strengthen the capacities of REZ Agency, as the key institution for regional economic development.
- REZ Agency organisational development and strengthen links with the founders.
- Development of human resources in the region.
- Further SME sector development.
- Update the regional Socio-economic analysis and adoption of Regional Development Strategy.
REZ Agency participated in the following types of activities in the period 2007-2009:
- Institutional building
- Strategic planning, including preparation of strategic document
- SME sector support and development
- Capacity building of the stakeholders
- MEP Database development
Therefore, for the achievement of the objectives of the project, among others – the following activities have been carried out:
- Completed the assessment of the needs of local stakeholders in 16 municipalities of the region.
- Four 6-day training “Project Cycle Management” in two parts (Part 1: writing the project proposal, logical framework matrix and budget preparation; Part 2: Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation) – for 67 participants.
- Five courses of Business English for SMEs and the municipal development team staff (67 participants).
- Five trainings on “Establishing Business Zones” for the cantonal and municipal staff (67 participants).
- Seventeen trainings on various topics for the local stakeholders for 363 members of business associations and municipal/cantonal staff.
- Information on thirty-one “Call for Proposals” processed and distributed to the stakeholders.
- At least 587 project proposals by the regional stakeholders submitted to various donors.
- Supervisory Board meetings organised in 10 occasions.
- Annual Assembly meetings organised in 3 occasions.
- Regional Socio Economic Analysis updated.
- Conducted the process on the preparation the document “Regional Economic Development Strategy of Central BiH Region 2009-2015” and the strategy adopted.
- Signed the Protocol on co-financing the REZ Agency’s operational costs.
- Organised and conducted 5 Regional Coordination Group meetings.
- Developed and administered the MEP (Market Economic Profile) database.
- Supported the preparation of 13 municipal development strategies.