Improving the quality of vocational education in the metal industry.
- Financed by: German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through develoPPP Programme
- In the period: 01. December 2015 – 30 Novembar 2018
- Engagement of REZ Agency: March 2016 – December 2017
The project leaders
- German Organization for International Cooperation (GIZ) – Program develoPPP.de
- Company of GS-tmt Ltd. Dolac na Lašvi/Travnik
The Project partners
- REZ Agency
- Mixed secondary school Travnik
- Mixed secondary school Novi Travnik
Improving the quality of vocational education according to the standards of the European metal-processing sector.
- Improving the quality of professional (vocational) education for welders, locksmiths and machine technicians with specialization for CNC operators in Central Bosnia Canton, in accordance with the requirements of the European machinery and metal-processing industry.
- Improve selected teaching contents and modernize them by introducing a larger share of practical lessons.
During the year of 2016
- Proposed changes to curricula adopted and their application started in three schools; modified/upgraded curricula are applied in all three schools.
- A study trip to Tešanj organized for 18 participants.
- A three-day seminar on “Methodology and Didactics Training” was held for teachers and project team members.
- Improved curricula in 3 schools for professions locksmith and welder.
During the year of 2017
- 20 students attended practical classes at GS-tmt Ltd. Travnik.
- GS-tmt Ltd. employed a total of 10 people who completed high school and practical classes at the company.
- At the GS-tmt Ltd., a new workshop for practical classes opened, equipped and tailored to students of the professions locksmith, welder and CNC operator.
- Video clips prepared with the aim of promoting crafts on social networks.
- The Welding Institute from Tuzla certified 11 welders.
- A communication strategy for the project prepared and implemented through social networks and promotional materials for promoting the vocations.
- At the ZEPS 2017 fair, a panel discussion on “Practical lessons in business entities – advantages and challenges”.
- The project promotional stand was set up and promotional material distributed at the premises of the Mixed secondary school Travnik on the occasion of the Day of Municipality of Travnik.
- Updated database of companies from the metal sector.
- The Welding Manual prepared and printed.