This project will create new tourist products for tourists who visit this area during the summer, and thus expand the tourist offer for longer stays of visitors and more guests in the field of outdoor tourism.
Old Railroad Route
- U4Business project, jointly funded by the European Union and the Federal Republic of Germany, and the project is jointly implemented by GIZ, ILO and UNDP
- Central Bosnia Canton
- Municipalities of Busovača, Vitez, Travnik, Donji Vakuf and Jajce
Project implemented by
REZ Agency (Regional Development Agency for Central BiH Region) – Lead Partner
- Tourist Association of Central Bosnia Canton
- NESA sistemi d.o.o. Travnik
Duration of the project
18 months (June 2020 – November 2021)
Improvement and integration of the cultural and outdoor tourist product of BiH (Old Railroad Route) into the international value chain by integrating it into the green Via Dinarica trail.
- Establish preconditions for the development of a new tourist product through tracing the trail and its infrastructural preparation.
- Increased degree of integration of local stakeholders into the old railroad route.
The implementation of the project will:
- Establish the route and provide infrastructure and equipment
- Develop and adapt a bicycle system, increasing the added value of the route itself
- Integrate local stakeholders into route development and promotion
- Increase the connection of the route with global markets (visibility) and provide easy access to cycling services for tourists through IT tools
- Work on the visibility of the route and services tailored to bikers and the visibility of the project
The project “Old Railroad Route” will also enable the promotion of this offer at the international level. Beneficiaries, which include travel agencies, catering companies, hotels, bed and breakfast providers, and themed sports associations, clubs and others, will all benefit from a better quality of tourist infrastructure and increased the number of tourists.
For more information of EU4Business project visit: www.eu4business.ba
The project “Old Railroad Route” is funded by the European Union and the Federal Republic of Germany through the EU4Business project, which is jointly implemented by GIZ, UNDP and ILO as part of the Local Development Strategies – Local Self-Government and Economic Development Programme in Bosnia and Herzegovina by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).